My Book Release is coming!

I Was Broken, Too #1

Written for You

writing-Image by StockSnap from Pixabay

It would have been easier to keep my pain private, locked away, not out there for all the world to see. I dragged my feet (or rather, my fingers) and resisted revisiting tearful, painful places. I didn’t want to reopen the wounds and feel the grief anew. But then I thought of you.

I thought about you living━no, merely existing━in that place of brokenness that drains hope and devastates the heart, a place familiar to me. And then I started writing I Was Broken, Too. For you.

I had to let you know that you will survive, that although you don’t see a glimmer on the horizon, it is possible to hope again. Rejection, loss, and pain do not have the final word. They are not the amen to your life!

Then I thought about your friends━those you cry with and pray for and want to comfort. I Was Broken, Too is a gift that tells them you care and are with them on their journey.

And I kept it short because I remember how hard it is to do anything when broken, how the simplest task appears gigantic.

Life isn’t easy━let’s walk it together━and find hope along the way.

Image by StockSnap from Pixabay

11 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Ellen Pelliccio
    Jun 27, 2019 @ 11:45:10

Thank you, thank you, thank you for finally doing this; for you, for me, and for countless others (I pray). Looking forward to reading it. How do I get a copy?

2. Barbara
    Jun 27, 2019 @ 12:01:23

Oh, Ellen, thank you. The release should be around July 8 & will be on Amazon… stay posted. 🙂

3. Debbie Grant
    Jun 27, 2019 @ 12:44:03

Sharing pain with others allows them to know they are not alone. Thank you for willingness to be transparent so others can be healed and restored by Him. So looking forward to it.

4. Susan Troast
    Jun 27, 2019 @ 12:50:23

So excited for you! I know all the time, the anguish, the prayers you have put into this book and I am so proud of my sister! For the gift you have in writing and the heart you have to share the intimate pieces of your journey to bring hope and healing to others! I love you!

5. Maude Carolan Pych
    Jun 27, 2019 @ 21:02:45

Barbara, I can’t wait for your book’s release. I will order a copy when it’s available. Congratulations!

Liked by 1 person

6. Linda Langford
    Jun 27, 2019 @ 22:07:03

Wow Barb, I am very excited to get a copy! Keep us posted!

7. Faith McGrath
    Jun 28, 2019 @ 08:33:11

Thank you, Barbara. You will give a magnifying glass for your readers to see hope up close. With great anticipation,
    Faith